Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Missouri Family Health Council, Inc.
||Jefferson City, MO United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Outreach & Engagement Manager|
Are you as fired up as we are and ready to deepen your involvement in the sexual and reproductive health landscape in Missouri? Do you have experience in power building for change? Do you already know meaningful ways to build relationships, take action and make a difference in this pivotal and historically significant moment? If so, join our team!
MFHC is seeking a driven Outreach and Engagement Manager who is a talented relationship builder with exceptional communication skills and strong follow through. You will be part of a small-but-mighty team that will implement an ambitious strategic plan. Together, we will build and promote MFHC’s brand and health center network, advance a shared policy agenda through engagement and mobilization, and build a team culture of collaboration, curiosity, creativity, and fun. This position offers an exciting opportunity to take MFHC’s external affairs to the next level and make a true impact in the field of sexual and reproductive healthcare right now, at its most critical time.
If this describes you and you are ready to roll, apply today! Please complete the online application by 5:00 PM, September 9, 2022. MFHC will only consider candidates who complete the online application, which includes submission of both a resume and cover letter.
Please check out our website if you want to know more about this position, MFHC, or our guiding principles and values. MFHC is a respected leader in the reproductive health field and an employer of choice. We offer an extremely generous benefits package, including remote work options. This position has the option of working from the Jefferson City office, or working remotely from anywhere within Missouri.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Demonstrated passion for MFHC’s mission and a deep commitment to MFHC’s guiding principles and values;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Public Relations, Sociology, Gender or Sexuality Studies, Political Science, Social Work, etc.) or equivalent experience;
• Two years of experience in community outreach, engagement, advocacy, or grassroots organizing;
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of organizations and people;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience and ease with public speaking;
• Comfort with rapid-response communications, mobilization, and fast-changing priorities;
• Ability to stay organized while managing multiple projects and deadlines;
• Experience with data management and Microsoft Excel; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
• Familiarity with online activism and digital organizing platforms like Action Network, experience with project management platforms, such as Monday.com preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout Missouri for meetings, events, etc.; availability to work nights, weekends, or extended hours, when needed.
Missouri Family Health Council, Inc.|
Missouri Family Health Council, Inc. (MFHC), a private nonprofit organization, champions access for every individual to culturally sensitive, quality, sexual and reproductive health education and services. Our mission is achieved in two primary ways: through advocacy to break down systemic policy barriers which decrease health equity and impede access to services; and improving quality services through programming. MFHC is proud to support systems of care throughout the state, with particular emphasis on safety net providers, in delivering patient-centered reproductive healthcare to all who seek services.
While our programming and advocacy is focused on improving services, removing barriers, and increasing health equity, our internal focus is on our personal and professional journeys toward anti-racism, racial equity, and reproductive justice for all. MFHC is resolute in supporting a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive staff. We seek talented individuals who are committed to this work and our guiding principles and values.
MFHC provides a flexible, remote-optional work environment, with excellent benefits. As an equal opportunity employer, MFHC recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. For more information on MFHC, please visit www.MFHC.org.