Operation Technician with Sea-Bird Scientific|
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird Scientific is the worlds largest developer and manufacturer of products for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic parameters in marine waters. We offer products to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.
Working at Sea-Bird Scientific gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities. Sea-Bird Scientific is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
We are looking for an Operations Technician to troubleshoot and/or repair instrumentation and components. This will include high quality repair and preventative maintenance services and will also identify process inefficiencies, recommend solutions, and implement corrective actions leading to continuous improvement. This position will utilize an advanced understanding of electronic theory and mechanical aptitude.
- Use, create, and maintain established work instructions to repair, test, verify and perform preventative maintenance for Sea-Bird Scientific equipment.
- Ensure that all services are completed efficiently, on time, and correctly according to specifications
- Provide advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting of instrumentation in a structured and logical manner, and integrate any learnings into work instructions on multiple instrument platforms.
- Effectively use escalation paths and relationship networks within Sea-Bird for difficult repairs or services
- Perform advanced repairs and services including soldering, wiring, replacing damaged components
- Perform hydrostatic pressure tests and water bath testing, as required.
- Document problems found and services performed following standard work protocols
- Coordinate efforts with other team members to meet daily, weekly and monthly targets and departmental goals
- Identify potential improvements to workflow or opportunities that benefit the customer
- Lead or co-lead Kaizen events to meet customer needs
- Work additional hours, as needed, to support department and meet deadlines
- Typical daily duties:
- Perform pre-assembly quality check on all components
- Follow detailed assembly instructions in a variety of formats (i.e, drawings, schematics, bills of material, internal procedures or some combination thereof), and report work completed on a daily basis
- Perform quality checks on completed assemblies, as needed
- Understand and meet quality and delivery requirements, and understands how duties relate to others in the department
2 years technical degree in Electronics, military technical training or equivalent work experience
1-3 years related experience in a manufacturing or service environment
Ability to read and interpret basic drawings, schematic and wiring diagrams
Demonstrated strong knowledge of and use of soldering, power supplies, digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes
Excellent attention to detail, and ability to perform precise procedures consistently
Ability to work with mathematical concepts to analyze sensor test data for reliability and repeatability
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.