Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What will you do?
- As a Sustainability Engineer you will use your knowledge of Environmental Science & Global Regulations to support our Product Development, Marketing, and Supply Chain teams to deploy and execute corporate sustainability programs and strategies. In pursuit of this responsibility, you will:
- Utilize Design for Sustainability principles to help product development teams develop more sustainable products.
- Perform Life Cycle Assessments and identify Design for Sustainability strategies utilizing the output.
- Implement product sustainability targets across the organization; audit and assess maturity across product platforms
- Support monitoring, informing, and educating organization of relevant environmental sustainability regulations.
- Support data collection and reporting related to corporate sustainability goals.
- Identify and evaluate new sustainable materials and technologies.
- Support development of claims and communication related to product sustainability.
- Analyze harmful substances, recycled content in products, extension of useful life, disposal, eco/green product certifications, and other circular modalities
- Monitor industry best practices in product sustainability analyses
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical or environmental discipline
- Must have robust knowledge of Climate Science, Circular Economy, Decarbonization, and related sustainability sciences
- 2+ years of relevant experience in working in Product Sustainability Engineering or related field
- Experience in environmental Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), End Of Life Instructions (EoLI), Product Environmental Profiles (PEP), and similar sustainability documentation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills with peer group and leaders
- Experience in Product Development, Logistics & Supply Chain Sustainability
- Knowledge of global Environmental Standards and Regulations
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Experience applying sustainability and DFE principles in consumer product development.
- Formal training or certification in Life Cycle Assessment methodologies and software.
- Experience related to sustainability goal setting and reporting.
- Eagerness to identify, learn and apply new sustainability tools, processes and methodologies that create value for our consumers and our environment.
Who will you report to? Steven Conlon
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.