About the Position
VHB’s Raleigh, NC team is looking for a talented transportation planning, engineering, data, or geography intern to join us this fall. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope.
- Conduct analysis in support of transportation projects.
- Use and create geospatial transportation data.
- Create text and spreadsheet documents and manipulate data.
- Effectively interact with VHB staff to advance projects in a timely manner.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using various ArcGIS platforms.
- Ability to independently perform multiple tasks and interact appropriately and positively with coworkers.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with transportation planning and traffic engineering principles and resources.
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in civil engineering, planning, geography, or related field.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for VHB in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.