Staff Software Engineer|
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the worlds most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, were working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
We are looking for a talented UI Engineer to implement best in class user experiences for our medical diagnostic testing device products. As a UI Engineer, you will work as part of our software engineering team, in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Youll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to create prototypes that identify the best product experiences, launch innovative features, build tools that accelerate UX teams, bridge between design and engineering discussions, and enable efficient, high-quality execution.
The engineer will adopt and leverage lean software development skills from the DBS toolkit to drive software quality in an Agile scrum environment. This position is part of the Software Engineering Group and will be in Sunnyvale, CA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop cutting edge user interfaces by defining and deploying modern user interface design patterns to decrease friction between the customer and software.
- Demonstrate customer-centric critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to increase ease of learning, ease of use, and error proof software.
- Self-organize and take ownership of converting complex product initiatives into concrete software features that can be implemented in an iterative, agile fashion.
- Work closely with product owners, UX designers, product management, and Human Factors Engineering to ensure the conceptualize and deliver a product that exceeds both emotional and functional design requirements.
- Utilize sprint-based, iterative design practices to optimize code for performance and scale by designing, developing, and testing code base and automated verification scripts
- Capable trainer and facilitator to all levels of the organization, ranging from entry level to senior/staff level technical contributors.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- BS or MS in Engineering with a specialization in Computer Science or related field with a Minimum 8+ years with BS, or 6+ years with MS; of progressively responsible work experience in engineering.
- Debugging and testing in a Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of REST JSON, SQL and NoSQL databases.
It would be a plus if you also possess:
- Prior experience in software development in regulated industry such as medical device.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether its a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
At Cepheid we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Cepheid can provide.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.