What will you do?
Execute a critical element in the company’s global export control program as a member of the Global Supply Chain Export Control Classification of Excellence (CoE)
- Conduct product review with vendors, consultants and intra-company personnel as required, supporting export compliance product classification in accordance with regulatory policy, guidelines, and practices.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of ECCN identifications provided by Schneider Electric suppliers, contacting vendors regarding their products and their classification determinations when required.
- Research classifications, rulings in online databases.
- Assign accurate Export Compliance Classification Number, Dual use goods identification, in accordance with regulations, SE policies, and guidelines and determine export authorization requirements in global classification database.
- Communicate product related ECCN information to internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain and report metrics on procurement trends and classification processing
- Maintain a database of prior classifications for later reference
- Support restricted party screening in respective SE applications.
- Respond to transactional inquiries from internal stakeholders, freight forwarders, customs brokers for products which require additional information to be cleared for export.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- 3+ years of experience in a logistics role working with export documents and international shipping procedures
- 3+ years of experience specifically with Schedule B classification or HTSUS classification
- Familiarity with ECCN and USML categories, international trade regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated computer skills: Microsoft Office, Internet databases, web browsing, data entry
- Attention to detail, and diligence, within a fast paced environment.
What's in it for me?
- Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more.
Who will you report to?
Director, Global Customs
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.