This position is for a strong Technical Engineering Leader for new product development & product evolution for the US Design Center. Experience related to Automatic Transfer Switch design and application is a plus. These products are manufactured in multiple countries including the USA, Canada and Mexico and supplied to customers around the world. Development experience must include electrical distribution equipment with integration of molded case circuit breakers, metering & other communication devices.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Primarily support to Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) and Equipment.
- Understanding customer needs, competitors, technical and market trends and coordinate product development requirements with the Marketing Team.
- Ensure that appropriate analysis and internal/ANSI/UL testing has been executed/reviewed/approved by qualified personnel to meet project requirements.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with best in class engineering techniques such as DFMEA, DOE, DFA/DFM, Risk Analysis & FEA.
- Understand manufacturing processes, material properties and the design of plastic moldings, mechanism design, castings, sheet steel parts, dielectric and conductive components designed and producible to six-sigma standards.
- Design products optimized for performance and cost utilizing 3D parametric CAD (CREO and AutoCAD).
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of industrial standards, quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure project risks are identified and actions taken to mitigate risks.
- Understand the importance and impact of intellectual property.
- Coordinate with the cross functional teams on the Design, Safety and Peer Reviews on the project.
- Travel 10 – 15% primarily within the United States, Mexico & Canada
Must be self-motivated, team & customer orientated, adaptable, committed to setting and meeting challenging schedules, managing multiple activities and effective verbal/written communication skills are required. The company communicates primarily in English but foreign language skills (Spanish, French) are a plus.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.