Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Software Architect Engineer in our Energy and Sustainability Services group. The preferred location is Louisville, KY but opened to remote in U.S.
You should be a passionate, talented, and inventive individual with a strong machine learning and data science background to help build industry-leading machine learning tools in the energy and sustainability management industry. As a member of the ESS team, you will collaborate with technology and business teams to build new services and help our existing teams be more productive. You will be working with terabytes of structured and unstructured data to solve real-world problems. You will design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Work on a talented team of experienced developers building SaaS based energy and sustainability solutions for our customers.
- Develop and enhance core business systems and applications, and to provide integration to other internal systems. The individual will be an integral part of a professional team and will be responsible for all aspects of software design, development, testing, integration and deployment.
- Support and enhance the enterprise architecture of the Energy and Sustainability Services
What will you bring?
- Enterprise IT experience with the understanding of common enterprise computing challenges and provide solutions in these areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to meet with and present to executive leadership
- Experience working with partners in a similar-level role business division through the advancement of new technologies, architectures and processes.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if have:
- Degree in Computer, Software, Engineering or related. This is not an entry-level role.
- Extensive experience with architecting enterprise solutions based on REST-based APIs.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing; experience of building scalable, resilient applications using Azure.
- Designing micro service-based architectures using domain-driven design (DDD), CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
- A clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Be comfortable in defining an architectural vision and communicating the vision to the business.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), its principles, and patterns at the enterprise level.
- Experience in data modeling techniques. Knowledge and applicability of various normal forms.
- Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures are driven towards mobility.
- Experience in developing IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps/VSTS
- Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner
- Previous energy or sustainability industry knowledge a plus
- C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core
- Web API
- Enterprise Architecture and Design Patterns
- Modern UI Framework like AngularJS
- Azure - Web Apps, Web Job, Azure Data Factory, Azure Storage, App Insights, Azure Functions, CI & CD, Service Bus
- Mocking Framework like Moq and Unit Testing
- SQL Server, NoSQL Databases
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
�25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled