What do you get to do in this position?
Digital Power Services Engineers employ a combination of electrical, systems, network communications and application-specific software skills to:
- Help customers maintain the reliability and performance of their systems and address any potential technical problems on the operations side.
- Assist Onsite Engineers with site-specific difficulties during new site commissioning as well as system upgrades and expansions.
- Ensure the integrity of the data, implementation, and infrastructure
- Proactively achieve superior system performance
- Work closely with Schneider Electric internal teams and business units to proactively manage customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with solution architects and product teams to ensure customer feedback into future designs.
- Research, identify, develop, and recommend corrective measures to address technical issues identified in the field or in-house.
- Participate in power monitoring system development projects by contributing knowledge of customer applications, providing user information requirements, providing test scenarios and typical use-cases, and occasionally participating in product development and testing.
- Resolve technical problems from end customers, on- site engineers, sales and engineering teams.
- Identify and qualify product failures and assist product engineering in understanding and resolving them.
- Research and documentation of technical problems and solutions.
- Collaborate to suggest improvements in key performance indicators and measures.
- Research, evaluate and test complex systems used to monitor and/or control electrical equipment and systems
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Ability to work with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds, including consultants, senior professional engineers, energy managers, electricians, IT engineers and personnel, account managers, sales personnel
- Ability to occasionally travel to various customer sites in North America and worldwide
Education and Experience:
- Engineering degree in Electrical, Power Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in software, hardware, networking, database and/or system troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem solving
- Power and/or electrical systems knowledge
- Computer knowledge, particularly relating to server, network and operating system installation and configuration
- SQL Database querying and programming experience
- VBA, C++, or Python coding experience
- On-site power system experience
- On-site or remote advanced technical support experience
- Knowledge of Schneider Electric Power Monitoring and Control products
- Knowledge of electrical power industry
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce preferred
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k) + match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.