Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arizona State University
||Tempe, AZ United States
|| Education, Information Technology
APPLICATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER|
Application Systems Engineer
Arizona State University
Req ID# 84627BR
Department: ET Application Sys Engr
As the Most Innovative University in the nation for over 8 years running, rated by US News and World Report, Arizona State University commits to driving forward the most dynamic and productive learning experience in all of higher education. To consistently realize that vision, ASU is at the forefront of developing IT Applications and tools that add value to the student experience, create quality at scale and drive our innovation
To continually strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced Application Systems Engineer, to help build, deploy and manage our internal infrastructure. As an integral member of the broader IT Infrastructure team, this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining creative solutions in support of our business partnerís evolving requirements.
As with everyone in the Enterprise Technology (ET) family, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our ET Positive Core.
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
Salary Range: $70,035 - $123,165 per year; DOE
Close Date: 13-October-2022 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every 2 weeks until the position is filled.
* Maintain expert level knowledge of NetApp storage arrays in the cloud or on-prem
* Provide hypervisor services including data center virtualization (i.e. VMware)
* Build, manage and support complex appstacks on Linux and Windows Server
* Provide advanced level Windows and Linux troubleshooting
* Develop technical designs and solution recommendations
* Partnering with vendors, internal IT Engineers and working with multiple business partners to develop solutions against departmental roadmaps
* Partner with other internal engineering teams and third-party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions
* Collaborate with internal audit and compliance teams to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risks
* Contribute to design, code review, and release management as part of the oversight of our internal software development lifecycle
* Work with other members of the broader IT team for coordinated solution delivery
* Provide guidance on and help maintain standard operating procedures
* Help mentor junior members of the team
* Contribute to a 24/7 on-call schedule (Partial)
* Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advance our UTO Affirmative * Pledge.
* Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND four (4) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Eight (8) years experience providing related information technology services, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
* Ability to translate business needs to technical solutions
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Evidence of effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Team oriented approach
* 3 to 5 years of experience with the following:
* Systems Engineering for Application
* Managing large server estates for Linux and Windows
* Virtualization at scale
* Configuration Management
* Managing scalable storage
* Developing and maintaining supporting metrics for systems
* Writing design documents
* Working in a source-controlled environment.
* Experience in producing and maintaining documentation
* Ability to demonstrate scripting capability in Python or Perl
Expert level knowledge of NetApp storage arrays
* VCP/VCAP/CSEP/NetApp/AWS certification(s)
* Experience with standard development practices
* Experience with standard development tools (Source control, Code Review, etc.)
* Experience with standard DevOps tools (CI, Orchestration, etc.)
* Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
* Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
* Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
* Experience with monitoring systems
* Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
* Experience in using scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
* Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
* Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
* Experience working in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
* Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
* Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
* Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institutionís sustainability programs
* Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing.
* Use a desktop or laptop computer.
* Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
* Regular review of completed tasks.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASUís charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASUís top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view the full position description and to apply online, please visit the following: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4636653_5494
Arizona State University|
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Cancer Care Delivery and Outcomes Research Fellowship
with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.
Registered Nurse (Hybrid Remote in Bronx, NY)
with Maximus in Bronx, NY.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Part Time)
with Maximus in Manhattan, NY.
Registered Nurse (Hybrid Remote in Manhattan, NY)
with Maximus in Manhattan, NY.
2022 Early Insight Programs Conference - Global Finance & Business Management Summer Analyst Program
with JPMorgan Chase in Chicago, IL Columbus, OH Newark/Wilmington, DE New, US.
|>> more | add|