||Allegheny Health Network
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Other / General, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Medical Laboratory Assistant|
Company : Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs various technical and support laboratory duties under the supervision of a Medical Technologist.
- Uses predetermined criteria for quality control and assures that the technologist in charge is aware of quality results that are out of control. (5%)
- Prepares and processes specimens according to department procedures and protocols. (45%)
- Performs test order entry accurately and efficiently to ensure proper testing and charges of patient accounts. (30%)
- Provides support such as answering telephones, faxing reports and reporting stat and critical value results. (10%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (5%)
- May mentor MLA students in specimen processing utilizing WPAHS policies and procedures. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Successful completion of a MLA program or Associates or BA degree in a clinical science.
- Requires decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast pace and high volume environment.
- Certificate from an accredited MLA program preferred. Experience in a clinical laboratory, preferred.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Companys Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employees responsibility to comply with the companys Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice