R&D Firmware, Embedded Software, Engineer (Hybrid)|
This is a Junior Firmware Engineer position located at our Loveland, Colorado location. It is a hybrid position where you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home.
Our work at Hach ensures water quality for people around the world. Our customer partnerships, passionate experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions make water analysis betterfaster, simpler, greener, and more informative. As a member of our team, youll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within industries from aviation to manufacturing to mining. Youll also be part of an environment that fosters career growth and professional development, with kindness at its core. And youll be part of our mission, which drives us to develop water quality solutions that protect the health and safety of all living things.
About the Role:
Do you want to be part of a fun-filled, high-energy team that bridges the gap between hardware and software to provide high value solutions to water quality customers?
Join us at Hach as we continue to revolutionize the water quality industry.
You might be the ideal candidate if you:
- Love controlling machinery & electronics through embedded software/firmware
- Love bringing electronics to Life
- Love robotics
- Are a professional or hobbyist/tinkerer with firmware/software skills associated with solution/system development
- Have an endless curiosity on how things work
We work in a collaborative environment to drive growth and innovation within the firmware team. Our firmware engineers are highly innovative professionals focused on bringing our water quality products to life.
- End-to-End Design and Development of embedded solutions
- Collaboration in an Agile firmware development team using scrum processes
- Drive firmware quality by using early defect discovery and removal
- Analyze acceptance criteria and provide estimates of effort.
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution of embedded firmware / embedded software solutions in a sustaining engineering environment
Why Hach is a great place to work:
- Large 3 building campus which includes a new building designed from the ground up for Research and Development
- Work environment like a college senior design project on steroids nearly everything is in house, and we work in close-knit collaborative teams comprised of nearly all engineering disciplines
- Hach bucks the trend of most companies by keeping many things in house (10m EMC chamber, HALT chamber, PCA/SMT line, injection molding, fabrication, production/manufacturing, etc.)
- Focused on water quality industry which continues to grow in importance worldwide
- Diverse and Inclusive culture
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 2 years of C++ user-space development experience
- Experience developing single microprocessor/microcontroller instruments using Linux, RTOS, or bare metal.
- Strong OO design principles using C++ to design highly reliable products.
- Experience in Agile project management, continuous integration, and unit testing.
- Proven proficiency of translating business requirements into data models.
The salary range for this role is 90k - 120k. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday Find Jobs function if you are a current employee)
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.