Commodity Manager Packaging & Key Technology|
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, chemistry, software and service for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Ensure water quality for people around the world.
We make water analysis better faster, simpler, greener and more informative via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
This role is part of the HACH Global Strategic Procurement Organization North America region, located in Loveland/CO (hybrid). Main responsibilities include Strategic Sourcing, Supplier and Commodity Business Management in support of HACHs deliverables for Instruments and disposables within the Packaging and OEM commodities. Position will include the various aspects of commodity management, material cost safeguarding, material lifecycle and risk management.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a single point of contact to the Supply Chain team in North America for the Packaging and OEM commodities.
- Forms and leads cross-functional teams (comprised of Suppliers, Supply Chain, Operations, and other members as required) to define sourcing strategies, including recommendations for new supplier selection
- Coordinate Forecasting, supplier performance management and evaluation.
- Negotiate supply agreements with strategic suppliers and act as the primary interface with the Suppliers
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years of related work experience OR Masters degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Perform regular cost rollups and analyze product cost performance and manufacturing cost models to drive corrective action as required to achieve product cost targets and manage the product cost roadmap
- Fundamental understanding of should-cost or cost allocation & recognizes opportunities to improve product design for cost/quality/delivery
- Work collaboratively with supply chain, operations managers and engineering stakeholders; develop and execute supplier selection process for piece parts or outsourced assemblies and identify supply chain risks supporting sourcing decisions
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing methods and integration planning for outsourced manufacturing
- Responsible for resolving discrepancies between cost targets and quoted costs
- Provides feedback to engineering on DFx (cost, manufacturability)
- Develops, aligns, and implements commodity and/or supplier strategies as part of sourcing localization of material
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the strategic supply base
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery, assets
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities
- Regularly monitor macro and micro economic activity that may impact the supply chain continuity of supply and costs within the Packaging and OEM commodities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and workspace restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
The hourly rate or salary range for this role is $90,000 - $100,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday Find Jobs function if you are a current employee)
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.