Commodity Manager Plastics|
This role is part of the HACH Global Strategic Procurement Organization North America region, located in Ames/Iowa (hybrid). Main responsibilities include Strategic Sourcing, Supplier and Commodity Business Management in support of HACHs deliverables for Instruments and disposables within the Plastics commodity. Position will include the various aspects of commodity management, material cost safeguarding, material lifecycle and risk management.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a single point of contact to the Supply Chain team in North America for the Plastic commodity.
- Forms and leads cross-functional teams (comprised of Suppliers, Supply Chain, Operations, and other members as required) to define sourcing strategies, including recommendations for new supplier selection
- Coordinate Forecasting, supplier performance management and evaluation.
- Negotiate supply agreements with strategic suppliers and act as the primary interface with the Suppliers
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years of related work experience OR Masters degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Perform regular cost rollups and analyze product cost performance and manufacturing cost models to drive corrective action as required to achieve product cost targets and manage the product cost roadmap
- Fundamental understanding of should-cost or cost allocation & recognizes opportunities to improve product design for cost/quality/delivery
- Work collaboratively with supply chain, operations managers and engineering stakeholders; develop and execute supplier selection process for piece parts or outsourced assemblies and identify supply chain risks supporting sourcing decisions
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing methods and integration planning for outsourced manufacturing
- Responsible for resolving discrepancies between cost targets and quoted costs
- Provides feedback to engineering on DFx (cost, manufacturability)
- Develops, aligns, and implements commodity and/or supplier strategies as part of sourcing localization of material
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the strategic supply base
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery, assets
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities
- Regularly monitor macro and micro economic activity that may impact the supply chain continuity of supply and costs within the Plastic commodity
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.