ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB is seeking an experienced IT Services Specialist to join our Corporate Information Technology team. This is an exciting opportunity for a well-organized individual who is deeply interested in technology as a career and possesses the ability and desire to learn on the job.
The candidate for this position will be a part of a dynamic IT Services group consisting of a dozen IT professionals across the Eastern Seaboard. This position will be based in our Raleigh, NC office as well as provide remote support to our other VHB offices. This position will also require travel to our Charlotte, NC office. The successful candidate will be an integral part of these regional offices, empowering the members of these offices with technology products and services to drive digital transformation in alignment with VHB’s generational company ideals.
This role is perfect for a service-minded individual looking to further their career in technology. The right candidate will need to have the proficiency to diagnose, research and resolve moderately complex hardware and software problems. This position will require travel between offices on a regular basis.
- Proactively assist VHB employees with the use of technology
- Configure and deploy PCs to staff
- Provide hardware and software support to all staff
- Identify trends in incoming helpdesk tickets and triage appropriately
- Provide ad hoc training associated with new commercial or custom applications
- Assist other IT staff with engaging projects
Skills and Attributes
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented with capability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organizational and planning skills
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Ability to prioritize and respond to inquiries in a timely and friendly manner
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology with strong PC knowledge and interest in technology
- Working knowledge of computer software and hardware
- Working knowledge of Windows 10
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office 365
- A valid driver's license is required
- Reliable transportation is a necessity
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.