Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Watertown | US, MA US
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Government and Policy, Information Technology, Real Estate, Sales, Science, Transportation, Quality Control, Research & Development, Environmental, Natural Resources, Energy / Utilities
Senior Wetland Scientist/Technical Advisor|
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a senior level Wetland Scientist/Technical Advisor to join our growing Natural Sciences team. This person will be responsible for planning, developing, and organizing detailed phases of environmental analysis work for multiple large size projects or a project of major scope and complexity. Applies extensive knowledge of current principles and practices of environmental science related to the variety of aspects affecting VHB. Leads projects, programs, and teams. Serves as a technical consultant on projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages, plans, develops, organizes, and implements detailed phases of scientific environmental work. Explores subject area, defines scope, selects areas for investigation, and develops novel concepts.
- Prepares proposals and/or contracts. Determines client requirements and develops plans, specifications, drawings, instructions, cost estimates, reports, final bid packages, and related documents. Makes recommendations on project staffing. May solicit and evaluate bids.
- Establishes and monitors budgets to assess profitability. Monitors project progress for technical accuracy and adherence to schedule.
- Leads the preparation or modification of reports, studies, and permits and/or licenses. Reviews complete project documents and computations for conformity and quality assurance. Ensures each project complies with federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Participates in the preparation of environmental impact statements and assessments and planning and zoning studies.
- Oversees a variety of environmental studies (e.g., wetland delineations and functional assessments, wildlife habitat evaluations, rare species surveys, environmental site assessments).
- Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside VHB with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters. Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability.
- Represents VHB at meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish needs and discuss permitting and compliance issues.
- Responsible for client relationships, visibility, and business development.
- Mentors and provides direction and guidance to junior team members, and reviews their work for technical accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness. May supervise junior team members.
- Participates in professional and personal development aligned with career goals.
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and VHB policies and procedures.
- 11-15+ years of fieldwork experience in natural habitats, depending on level of education
- BS in a natural science-related field (e.g., Environmental Science, Biology, Fisheries and Wildlife, Ecology, Natural Resources) (a master’s degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience)
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Virtual ESL/EFL Global Projects for the U.S. Department of State in 2023/2024
with English Language Programs, U.S. Department of State in Worldwide Projects , MA.
Communications Graduate Fellow
with TransitCenter in Remote, NY.
JoyRx Music Specialist, Digital Live, Bilingual, New York (Remote)
with JoyRx in New York City, NY.
with State of Connecticut, Executive Branch in Hartford, CT.
Attorney - Wichita
with Maximus in Wichita, KS.
|>> more | add|