Who We Are:
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Key Leader role is an essential part of the store leadership team, impacting salesfloor team members and guest (i.e., customer) experience every day. Key Leaders are responsible for leading by example and providing support to Educators, facilitating an outstanding guest experience in the store, and overseeing all operations of the retail floor. Key Leaders leverage key performance indicators and metrics to prioritize responsibilities while adapting to day-to-day business adjustments and challenges.
Key Responsibilities of the Job
Leadership and People Management
- Support ongoing learning and development of team members by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns.
- Provide team members recognition, gap assessment, and overall performance documentation to support and reinforce career and personal growth.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate product and general company knowledge through appropriate communication channels.
Guest (i.e., Customer) Experience
- Provide salesfloor leadership to team members, including planning salesfloor coverage and making decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of salesfloor operations.
- Support team members (e.g., leading by example or coaching) with ensuring a great guest experience that values guests' time, including assessing guest needs, providing technical product educations, and supporting in-store transactions and omnichannel programs (e.g., buy online/pickup in store, phone sales, and ship from store options).
- Interact with and assess guests' unique needs to provide customized, effective purchase and return solutions and support.
- Provide technical product education by articulating the value and benefit of the product.
- Resolve guest feedback and address guest concerns or escalations to make it "right" for guests.
- Move dynamically on the floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests.
Working with Others
- Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and guests.
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure optimal guest experience and support store operations.
- Review business data and metrics to evaluate progress toward goals and determine if adjustments are warranted.
- Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing checklists.
- Manage product presentation tasks (e.g., put items back in place, restock or add depleted items to the floor from inventory, destock or relocate items) according to company standards.
- Assign Educators cleaning tasks as needed throughout the shift to maintain the luxury environment of the store.
- Ensure team uses in-store technology to support store operations and provide positive guest experiences.
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.
- Team lead role indirectly responsible for subset of store employees on the floor or as delegated by Store Manager
Key Skills & Core Values You Bring
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Guest Experience: Enjoys working and connecting with, understanding, and helping guests
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve goals; seeks partnerships and diverse perspectives
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Candid Communication: Is willing to openly/constructively share concerns (i.e., straight talk)
- Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have proof of the Right to Work and evidence relating to associated local legislative requirements (EMEA only)
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with own transportation methods
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Other Willingness Requirements
- Willing to work as part of a team and also complete work independently
- Willing to move through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
- Willing to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Willing to work in an environment with bright lights and loud music
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year of retail/sales leadership experience (supervisor or people management not necessary)
In keeping with our mission, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about how your unique abilities may translate to the requirements for this role, with or without a reasonable accommodation. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your question or request.
Compensation & Benefits Package
Our key leader base pay ranges from $17.00- $22.55/hour with a target bonus of an additional $3 per hour, bringing our total target compensation range between $20.00- $25.55/ hour, depending on location and level of experience. Our pay-for-performance bonus philosophy supports our employees by recognizing exceptional individual and team performance.
At lululemon, our care and investment in our employees does not stop at compensation. Investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. With extended health and mental health plans, paid time off, savings plans, generous employee discounts, fitness & yoga classes, parenthood top up and more, our benefits support our values and recognize our teams for their performance and dedication. Additionally, our personal and professional development programs include people networks, parenthood support programs, mentorships, and leadership series programming to help employees grow their career.
Note: Availability of the benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.