Men's Design | Designer | OTM
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Men's design team is a diverse team of creative and strategic thinkers, who are future thinking, detail-orientated and solution focussed. They are at the forefront of Men's activewear and aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active industry. They are passionate about OTM (Lifestyle), Run, Train & Yoga, and fulfilling every Men's needs in their wardrobes. They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying sweat & creative sessions together.
What is OTM (On The Move):
This design position is focused to OTM product. OTM is a full class lifestyle assortment designed for office, travel, commute, explore, weekday and weekend. Harmoniously both "active" and "fashion".
Given a finite space; A confined apartment wardrobe or limited luggage. We identifying the challenges presented with the unpredictability of life. Our goal is to enable more flexibility through highly considered offerings, garments that serve the guest through a multitude of life's variables.
We strive to prepare our collective to be ready for the unexpected. Some garments are chameleons that can be used for multiple functions and end uses, these are 'All I Need' choices. Others are more specific, tailored to the demands of a unique activity these are seen in extended outfitting.
We supply a system of outfitting, guiding a choice in how to modulate a wardrobe, informed by an individual's subjective demands. Allowing our guest to think less and be prepared for life, enabling the user to feel functionally and aesthetically charged.
A day in the life:
The OTM Designer at lululemon creates world class lifestyle apparel that is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit, trend and quality. Under the mentorship & partnership of the Design Manager and Design Director you create and develop the line from inception of ideas to production of garments.
* You are responsible for designing and executing seasonal styles that reflect lululemon's Men's Design ethos. You are responsible for both the conceptual creation of the style and the administrative work of maintaining this information throughout the season.
* You combine active product use experience, market knowledge, trend research, and collaboration between lululemon designers to create functional, innovative, quality designs. You will have clear reference points in terms of understanding product storytelling, design and construction.
* You understand Male form, proficiency in how to drape, create and conceptualize during your design process.
* You partner with ambassadors / athletes to continually elevate and innovate our product.
* You will be allocated an assortment of styles in your given category, dependent on the level of complexity of the category. As a Designer, part of your work will be working closely with the senior members of the team to create design informed solves for our guests needs.
* Responsible for fitting styles in order to accurately communicate your design intent. Partner with the in-house workshop to create mockups and prototypes.
* Teamwork and clear communication are essential. You work cross functionally within the pod collaborating with product development, fit, merchandising, raw materials development and colour, sourcing and design operations ensuring your teams have the most up to date information on each style.
* You have razor sharp attention to detail around product/process so that we build beautiful technical athletic apparel. You have a clear understanding of function and how to embed style and fashion where needed. Finding a balance in the product.
- 5-7 years minimum contemporary fashion industry experience is required
- BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
* An understanding in 3D design would be a benefit
* Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
* Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
* Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
* Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
* Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
* Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't take themselves too seriously.