|| Customer Service and Call Center, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Insurance, Internet/E-Commerce, Military, Other / General, Retail/Wholesale, Executive Management, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
General Manager in Training|
DIVE IN TO A NEW CAREER WITH LESLIE'S:
Leslie's Pool Supplies is the "World's Largest Retailer of Swimming Pool Supplies." With over 900+ retail stores in 38 states plus Commercial, Service, E-Commerce, Production, and Distribution divisions, there are many career opportunities at Leslie's. With over 57 years of providing best-in-class products and solutions to our customers, there is nothing that we value more than the development and growth of our team. We strive to create a positive and fun atmosphere where our Team Members feel valued and are enthusiastic about the contributions they make to the success of Leslie's.
Leslie’s is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.
The General Manager in Training Program (“GMIT”) is designed to infuse the organization with highly qualified college graduates and/or successful management individuals that have an interest in building a career in retail store management. You will be mentored by a tenured General Manager with a proven track record of success. Your Mentor will guide you through your on- the- job training program, which is designed to be completed within 90 days. After completion will transition into store manager role or senior assistant store manager role.
About the Opportunity
You are an outgoing professional who has a drive to succeed. You possess leadership characteristics, are highly motivated, competitive and goal driven. You are a people person who exemplifies strong retail salesmanship skills and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- You will learn overall expectations and procedures of store operations, sales plans, profit margins, payroll, and all controllable expenses. (P&L)
- You will assist by conducting water analysis and mechanical repairs
- You will aim to increase commercial and residential sales, customer count, etc.
- You will provide excellent customer service through personal example and expectation
- You will ensure that the team is following all safety protocols
- You will assist in identifying new talent to join the team
- You will strive to maintain a welcoming store environment
- You will assist with merchandising and inventory control
- You will have opening and closing store responsibilities that may include the delivery of daily bank deposit
Qualifications - External
- You have a Bachelor’s degree OR 3 years specialty retail management, or 4 years military experience
- You are a minimum 20 years of age
- You have excellent communication skills and are proficient with computers
- You have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Possible have to relocate after training period to assume a store management role
Compensation Structure: $20.19-$21.63
Leslie’s provides a robust benefits package, including:
- Medical & Prescription Drug Insurance, Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance and Term Life Insurance
- Accident Injury Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with annual company match
- Paid time off to include; vacation time, sick leave, bereavement leave, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Merchandise discounts at Leslie’s locations
Leslie’s recognizes a critical component to our continued success is our people. Leslie's is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.