Senior UX Designer|
This position is located at our Loveland, Colorado location. It is a hybrid position where you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home.
Job Description Summary
Whats cool about this job? Our work matters. We help make the world a better place by ensuring water quality for people everywhere. User experience is an integral part of our product development process, and we design solutions for hardware, software, OOBE (out of the box experience), sound design, and a whole lot more!
We are a team of UX professionals who believe in research informed design and pair our designers with researchers to deliver easy, simple, effective, and efficient design solutions to "wow" our users and streamline their work. We practice continuous learning, attending webinars & master classes, focused training, knowledge sharing, and career path mentoring.
We are seeking an exceptional and experienced user experience designer who is passionate about understanding user needs and delighting them with well-integrated and engaging solutions. Someone who likes working with dedicated qualitative researchers, dreams in CMYK and RGB, thinks with their right brain, and likes creatively solving complex problems and generating high-quality end-to-end online user experiences.
Come grow your career with us!
Water quality is something we take very seriously at Hach. We know that water analysis has to be right, which is why were dedicated to providing our customers with the complete solutions they need to feel confident.
As a key member of our Research & Development UX team you will bring a deep understanding of user-centered design processes to help drive our bold product vision forward. Youll work hand-in-hand with Qualitative UX Researchers, Product Owners, and Engineers to understand user needs, then translate those insights into creative solutions for our products.
Were looking for critical, inventive thinkers with a great design sense, a deep understanding of information architecture, a passion for data-driven decision making and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively within a cross-functional team.
Above all, you are passionate about solving real problems for real people, and bring a positive attitude surrounding the change you can make in the world.
Skills & Abilities:
- A great track record in creating highly functional, user-focused, complete, and desirable designs.
- Know best practices for web-based information architecture, tool/app/UI interactions, and content delivery.
- Effective evangelist for UX best practices and user-centered design.
- Able to lead teams through the design process and partner effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Innovative, enthusiastic, flexible and creative.
- Have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrate excellent project management and scheduling skills.
- Work independently to establish trusted relationships with partners.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity.
- 2+ years experience designing interactive experiences.
- 2+ years of design/prototyping experience with Adobe CS and at least two of the following designer tools such as: Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, JustInMind, Marvel, or Xmind.
- 1+ years of hardware/physical product design.
- A strong sense of design quality perfection.
- Collaborate with other designers, user researchers, program managers, engineering teams, and business stakeholders to prioritize UX activities throughout the software development life-cycle and deliver high quality experiences in time.
- Understand and incorporate technical, business and user requirements into designs.
- Assess data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and develop strategies for your projects.
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule.
- Support all aspects of design and production for your teams projects, focusing specifically on User Interface design.
- Create innovative and appealing designs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, through sketches, storyboards, user task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and the production of final assets for specific features and projects.
- Facilitate design reviews, gathering actionable feedback and iterating the appropriate level of changes.
A design portfolio demonstrating breadth and proven experience in information architecture, interaction design, visual design work, and a thorough understanding of good design process is required.
In addition, be prepared to present at least 3 designs you have created, explaining (in detail) the target audience (users), design challenges, and how your design meet user expectations and solved the design challenges.
Appreciated but optional:
- Experience with Atlassian Suite
- Sketching skills
- Hold a degree in a graphic design, visual communications or other design field.
- Capable of developing interactive prototypes of new ideas
- Sound & motion design skills to prototype sounds and animations
The salary range for this role is 105K - 115K. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday Find Jobs function if you are a current employee)
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.