Lead Counsel, Asset Based Lending|
About this role:
The Wells Fargo Legal Department is seeking an experienced attorney to join its Commercial Banking division to support the 'Wells Fargo Capital Finance' lines of business.Â Wells Fargo Capital Finance provides asset-based lending and senior secured lending services throughout the United States and internationally.
The candidate selected for this position will have the following responsibilities:Â (i) advise on a wide range of commercial finance issues; (ii) create and update documentation templates; (iii) assist with the LIBOR transition; (iv) advise on issues of reputational, operational and legal risk; (v) provide line of business support for compliance issues; (vi) coordinate litigation and workout support with other Legal Department colleagues; (vii) manage outside counsel relationships; (viii) delegate work to and supervise junior attorneys and paralegals.
For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives with broad impact and act as a key participant in large scale planning
- Provides guidance to senior management on complex legal and regulatory matters with significant impact on business initiatives, strategy, and performance
- Assess legal risk associated with all risk types and develops strategies for reducing legal exposure.
- Lead analysis of and response to legal, regulatory, reputational, compliance, and policy matters within area of expertise
- Identify and analyze complex legal issues, develop conclusions, and make recommendations for issue resolution
- Serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Take an active role in the development, oversight, and delegation of tasks to more junior staff.
- May lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- 5+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
- Experience as a practicing attorney in a law firm and/or in-house with a financial institution.
- Experience providing legal support in asset-based lending or secured commercial lending.
- Experience providing legal support for international/cross- border commercial lending.
- Ability to analyze legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters.
- Extensive experience conducting research and providing counsel and guidance regarding complex legal issues.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work while handling multiple matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
- Effective in building partnerships, functioning well with project teams, and working for the success of the team.
Pay Range$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.