Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
||Bethesda, MD United States
The Senior Counsel (SC) is responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to the CF Foundation on an array of legal, policy, ethical, and reputational issues. The SC will support the work of the CF Foundation through facilitating the legal and ethical pursuit of its objectives, proactively managing risk to the CF Foundation through policy development, education and enforcement, and risk assessment and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide general legal advice to the CF Foundation, Legal department, and Chief Legal Officer.
• Provide legal counsel and support on general labor and employment matters, including those related to staff hiring, performance management, discrimination, disability accommodations, internal investigations, terminations, and other relevant employment issues.
• Provide legal counsel and support on general lobbying, advocacy, political activity, and election-related matters.
• Provide subject-matter expertise to the CF Foundation on the following areas: employment and employee benefits law, internal investigations, litigation and disputes, compliance, lobbying, policies, as well as general legal advice, and other areas as appropriate.
• Provide subject-matter expertise on specific Foundation-wide policies and procedures, including developing, updating, and interpreting policies.
• Develop, update, and deliver trainings for Foundation employees and stakeholders.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of Legal department strategy and projects.
• Regularly engage with the Legal department’s stakeholders.
• Perform other legal work and research as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Minimum 12 years’ legal experience required. Experience in employment law required and experience in nonprofit and lobbying law and/or compliance preferred.
• Experience with a nonprofit, governmental organization, or an Am Law 200 law firm preferred.
• Juris Doctor from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
• Must be currently licensed to practice law and able to practice law as in-house counsel for a company headquartered in Maryland. See the Annotated Code of Maryland, Business Occupations and Profession §10-206 (d).
• Sophisticated negotiator with strong business acumen.
• Ability to build rapport, trust and strong relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
• Skilled at anticipating issues and solving complex, nuanced problems in a manner that meets objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates integrity and a commitment to the CF Foundation’s core values and its commitment to equity, racial justice, diversity, and inclusion.
• Reports to Senior Vice President and Chief Legal Officer.
• No direct reports.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature.
• No heavy lifting required.
• Minimal travel (e.g., 4x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Total Rewards: The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation: The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation||