Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arizona State University
||Tempe, AZ United States
Learning Futures Studios Product Manager (IT)|
Learning Futures Studios Product Manager (IT)
Arizona State University
Req ID# 86587BR
Department: Product Ownership
ASU – the largest state university and recognized for the last 8 years in a row by US News and World Report as the most innovative university – is seeking an energized, entrepreneurial Product Manager to help advance the products developed in our Learning Futures Studios.
Learning Futures has a unique operational staffing model that consists of lightweight, matrixed leadership, external and internal partners and a significant number of student associates who are employed to work on projects and upskill in skills of the future.
Through our Collaboratory, Studios, and Emporium model we collaborate with stakeholders and partners on shared projects. Our Collaboratory brings communities together to imagine the future of learning and set a bold collective vision. Our Studios enable us to build and create POCs and MVPs for testing that inform the platforms, architectures, and infrastructure needed to scale our vision. Our Emporium allows everyone to access our tools, experience the future, and be inspired to co-create the future.
Successful candidates will bring experience and enthusiasm related to agile back-end technology development for emerging technologies such as AI, XR and Blockchain. The product manager needs to be comfortable working alongside students as the primary development group and acting as a bridge with professional staff developers. The Learning Futures Product Manager will have a tremendous opportunity to help drive how emerging technologies will shape the learning of the future.
As with everyone on the ET team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our ET Positive Core.
Salary Range: $76,153 - $86,149 per year; DOE
Close Date: 14-December-2022 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week until the search is closed.
* Collaboratively lead cross-functional product team(s) to discover and deliver well-designed user-centered solutions.
* Act as a hub of knowledge, point of contact and community manager for product groups.
* Deliver value with a focus on learners, stakeholders and partners through the creation of solutions that solve problems and help constituents achieve their goals.
* Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
* Plan and prioritize each product release.
* Define product initiative scope and establish clear evaluation criteria.
* Define and verify user stories, acceptance criteria, tasks, personas, and other requirements.
* Review and prioritize the backlog.
* Communicate product status and changes to customers, users, stakeholders, and leadership.
* Define and track product goals and KPIs.
* Assist in the negotiation and facilitation of product governance, along with Studios Director and stakeholder groups.
* Partner with Portfolio Management for alignment of product priority and overall portfolio roadmap.
* Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms — collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our ET Affirmative Pledge.
* Effectively negotiate, communicate, and manage product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
* Actively listen to customers and represent them in product decisions.
* Continuously expand understanding of customers, stakeholders, and the organization.
Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field and two (2) years experience in product management; OR five (5) years experience in product management; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
* Experienced at collaborating with and leading agile cross-functional product teams and stakeholders to discover and deliver well-designed product solutions for customers.
* Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of product management.
* Knowledge of UX design, information architecture, user interface design, and user research.
* Knowledge of various technologies and tools, including AI, XR and Blockchain.
* Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
* Skill with in-depth analysis in interpreting data and formulating conclusions.
* Skill in developing business cases and writing logical and complete functional and technical specifications and requirements.
* Ability to organize and coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Experience in presentation and facilitation.
* Evidence of effective verbal and written communication.
* Ability to manage software development life cycle from requirements to delivery, including new product versions and enhancements.
* Ability to work well with a diverse team.
* Ability to collaborate and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
* Skill in modeling empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence.
* Skill in analyzing complex problems and utilizing critical thinking to solve issues and make decisions.
* Skill in identifying, prioritizing, and scoping customer and organization needs.
* Evidence of entrepreneurial tendencies and ability to take something to market a significant plus.
* Experience in helping foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive.
* Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
* Learning Futures activities are primarily in person and performed on site at the Learning Futures Collaboratory.
* This position may require extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
* Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
* Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
* Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
* Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The ET fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with ET means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! ET encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. ET partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
ET is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view the full position description and to apply online, please visit the following: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4675286_5494
Arizona State University|
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.