Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arizona State University
||Tempe, AZ United States
|| Education, Information Technology
PROJECT MANAGER SR. IT|
Project Manager Sr IT
Arizona State University
Req ID# 86578BR
Department: Product & Program Management
ASU is the largest state university and for the last 8 years in a row we have been recognized by US News & World ASU is the largest state university, and for the last 8 years, we have been recognized by US News & World Report as the most innovative university. ASU is committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience in all of higher education. Enterprise Technology (ET) is at the forefront of developing IT tools and services that add value to the student experience. The Product and Program Management team is looking to add a Project Manager Sr. position to help continue our mission.
The Project Manager, Sr. plans, organizes, directs, and manages multiple complex telecommunication-based business projects to ensure thorough articulation of project scope and control of expectations, deliverables, outcomes, issues, needs, and constraints to achieve optimal stakeholder satisfaction. Community collaboration is required. Work with the ASU Enterprise Technology Digital Equity and Social Impact Team to conceptualize, develop and facilitate the implementation of high-impact projects and partnerships with community organizations in Arizona and across the country in alignment with the mission and vision of ASU and Enterprise Technology.
As with everyone on the ET team, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, as well as culture and communications, are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our ET Positive Core.
Salary Range: $69,680 - $89,000 per year; DOE
Close Date: 14-December-2022 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week until the search is closed.
* Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects through complete task definition.
* Oversees the direct technical work on engagements.
* Reviews weekly deliverables across projects and adhere to formal progress reporting. Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with established methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of engagements as measured by goals and customer satisfaction.
* Minimizes exposure and risk across multiple projects.
* Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
* Provides community collaboration with both business stakeholders and technical stakeholder.
* Serves as key participant in team and functional meetings.
* Recommends strategies and develops technical specifications for large technical projects; coordinates all aspects of planning, production, implementation and evaluation of complex technology development efforts.
* Delivers the status reports of progress across projects and addresses issues as appropriate.
* Confronts issues openly and quickly; utilizes tactful communication of sensitive information.
* Manages the inventory and bills of material for multiple project by ensuring product reconciliation is complete through project audits.
* Develops scope of work and schedule contractors, and trades.
* Executes work scheduled.
* Monitor and control progress for multiple or projects.
* Anticipates needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
* Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships.
* Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in ET/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our ET Affirmative Pledge.
Bachelor's degree in Technology or related field AND eight (8) years experience providing information technology services, which includes three (3) years as Project Manager and/or Project Lead experience; OR, Twelve (12) years experience providing information technology services, which includes three (3) years as Project Manager and/or Project Lead experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificate from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
* Evidence of PMP Project Management Professional.
* Evidence of RCDD Registered Communications Distribution Designer.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Project and Program Management principles, practices and techniques needed in support of large complex initiatives.
* Knowledge of business, organization and objectives.
* Knowledge of inside Plant / Outside Plant (ISP/OSP) environments and responsible for the planning and installation of network cabling and computer equipment and devices between and within data centers and work buildings.
* Understanding of communication Fiber optic networks.
* Working knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware/software and wireless protocols and or industry leading technologies.
* Knowledge of innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process.
* Experience in implementation of enhancements.
* Knowledge of industry standard and best practices.
* Skill in effectively communicating relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices.
* Skill in easily recognizing areas for internal improvement and ability to develop plans for implementation.
* Skill in lending expertise to internal teams and task forces.
* Ability to comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
* Ability to assess the effective usage of a wide variety of database and development technologies.
* Ability to handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
* Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
* Experience hiring/working in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
* Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
* Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
* Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institutionís sustainability programs
* Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
* Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer
* Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
* Regular review of completed tasks.
Enterprise Technology (ET) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation!
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view the full position description and to apply online, please visit the following: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4675203_5494
Arizona State University|
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.