ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s Watertown, MA, office is seeking an experienced Site/Civil Engineer to support our land development projects which range from complex hyper urban to the largest rural projects that change the face of communities. Our team is ready to talk, so why not see how VHB keeps its employees happy both professionally and personally.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans, reports and specifications for a multitude of land development projects
- Civil engineering for residential, institutional and commercial real estate site design including grading and drainage design, utility design site, and roadway layout
- Preparation and/or reviewing design criteria, drawings and specifications
- Preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction contract documentation
- Assist in the preparation of permitting, design and construction documents
- Project task financial performance, and management of small or medium projects
- Engagement in business development and client relations
- Technical and design report writing
- Attending meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of professional site/civil engineering experience
- PE preferred
- AutoCAD, HydroCAD and StormCAD experience
- Experience with GIS Systems
- Knowledge of local and state regulations governing site design preferred
- Solid understanding of the typical land entitlement process in MA including permitting at the local and state level preferred
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.