ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB is seeking a Senior CAD Designer with working experience in AutoCAD and/or Revit design to join its team. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of a growing team while working on assignments throughout the Northeast region, from initial scoping through construction documents for a wide range of amazing engineering projects.
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers to develop engineering drawings from conceptual phase to final design for a variety of projects ranging in size and complexity using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Utilize the information received from engineers such as hand sketches and mark-ups to modify existing drawings.
- Read and interpret as-built drawings to develop 3D model that will be utilized in the development of final engineering design drawings.
- Provide AutoCAD and Revit drafting support to Project Planners and Managers as needed during project planning phase.
- Maintain and create CAD workflow to ensure consistency and quality of work and provide progress on a regular basis.
- Mentor junior CADD designers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective written, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills to produce high-quality deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Team oriented with strong capability to work independently.
- Motivated to lead and mentor others on CAD and drawing production procedures.
- Has a persistent initiative to continually learn new technical practices and to earn the confidence of clients, company management/colleagues, and regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree on relevant field of study.
- 5+ years of experience in CADD design including a very strong understanding and knowledge with both AutoCAD and Revit.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of drafting standards.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.