ABOUT THE POSITION
Transportation/Highway Design Engineer | South Portland, ME | Westbrook, ME | Augusta, ME
VHB’s growing Maine offices are seeking an experienced Transportation/Highway Design Engineer to join our Transportation team. Duties include transportation/highway planning, engineering, stormwater management, drainage design, cost estimating, hydraulics and report writing.
- Conceptual design and analysis
- Design of highways and roads including development of geometric layout, grading and drainage, working with utilities, and environmental permitting
- Prepare and/or review design criteria, calculations, drawings, quantity estimates and specifications
- Development of 3D modeling
- Traffic Control and Constructability development and review
- Typical section development and pavement design
- Signing and striping
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Open Roads and/or Civil3D
- Stormwater analysis
- Final Design Plan Development
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS a plus
- 5+ years of professional transportation engineering experience
- ME PE required or ability to obtain within 6 months
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.