ABOUT THE POSITION
Come join one of the top ranked design firms in the country! VHB’s growing headquarters in Watertown, MA is seeking a Landscape Architect/Project Manager to join our Planning + Design practice.
Project types include both public and private sector clients primarily in the New England area. Our office is within minutes of downtown Boston and less than an hour to Cape Cod, Providence, RI, and New Hampshire offering outstanding cultural and outdoor recreational opportunities for the interested professional. VHB’s passionate and award-winning professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets, as well as with federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Assist in preparing project scope and fee proposals
- Effectively manage public and private projects
- Work with multi-disciplinary project teams, assist in developing site design from master planning and site concept through construction document phases of design
- Oversee the development of graphics for design development presentations and public process materials;, including sketch-up models, concept plans and diagrams, design studies, illustrative plans, cross sections and perspective sketches
- Lead the production of construction documents: Develop layout and material, grading, and planting plans, technical details, and write technical specifications
- Assist in preparing estimates of probable construction costs
- Conduct construction site visits and plant tagging
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in working with AutoCAD, Sketch up, Adobe Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign), and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Strong graphic skills and ability to organize and present ideas graphically
- Ability to handle assignments from multiple project managers
- Public speaking skills
- Landscape Architecture degree or related from accredited program
- Professional Landscape Architecture Registration is a preference
- 5+ years of directly related professional landscape architecture experience
- Familiarity with sustainable design practices desired
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.