ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB’s growing Environmental team is seeking an entry-level Environmental Scientist to join our Worcester or Watertown, MA offices.
- Assist with performing natural resource surveys including, but not limited to, wetland delineations and functional assessments, wildlife habitat evaluations and rare species surveys
- Assist project managers with development of federal, state and local permit applications
- Permit compliance monitoring
- Preparation of various technical reports
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to identify and/or key out northeast plant species
- Ability to characterize soil profiles
- Proficiency with ArcGIS is a plus
- Understanding of wetland regulations in MA is a plus
- 0-1 years of experience
- B.S or M.S in environmental science, natural resources, wetland science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the wetland regulations in the northeast is a plus
- Must have the ability to conduct tasks independently
- Expertise in identifying either plants, insects, birds, reptiles, and/or amphibians a plus
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a fulfilling employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.