Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Veterans Health Administration, VA Alexandria Healthcare System
||Leesville, LA United States
|| Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
Primary Care Physicians (FM) - Fort Johnson, VA Alexandria Healthcare System, in the 'Heart of Louisiana'|
The Alexandria VA Health Care System, in the ‘Heart of Louisiana, is seeking two (2) full-time, board-certified MD/DO, Primary Care Physicians. Ideal candidates will possess Family Practice/VA Experience. We are fully committed to providing top quality medical care by serving and honoring America’s Veterans.
Candidates must possess an MD/DO from an accredited institution, have completed residency training leading to board eligibility/certification, and possess an active, current, unrestricted license in any U.S. State.
Highlights of this opportunity:
• Potential starting base salary range: $210-235K
• Daily schedule, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, NO CALL!
• Position is potentially eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), if approved
• Responsible for delivery of outpatient care to patients located in at the Alexandria CBOC in Fort Johnson, Leesville, Louisiana
• Great Work/Life Balance
• No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
VA offers an exceptional benefits package for physicians, including up to 55 days off annually, affordable health, life, vision, dental, and long-term care insurance, up to 12 weeks of paid paternity/maternity leave, malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage, and more. Working for federal employers allows you to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of service.
Don’t miss this chance to join our team and serve those who have served us! #WorkatVA
Please forward a copy of your current CV to me at email@example.com to discuss this exciting opportunity!
Qualifications & Requirements
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency Training: Physicians must have completed residency training, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification. (NOTE: VA physicians involved in academic training programs may be required to be board certified for faculty status.) Approved residencies are: (1) Those approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), b) OR [(2) Those approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA),OR (3) Other residencies (non-US residency training programs followed by a minimum of five years of verified practice in the United States), which the local Medical Staff Executive Committee deems to have provided the applicant with appropriate professional training and believes has exposed the physician to an appropriate range of patient care experiences.
- Residents currently enrolled in ACGME/AOA accredited residency training programs and who would otherwise meet the basic requirements for appointment are eligible to be appointed as "Physician Resident Providers" (PRPs). PRPs must be fully licensed physicians (i.e., not a training license) and may only be appointed on an intermittent or fee-basis. PRPs are not considered independent practitioners and will not be privileged; rather, they are to have a "scope of practice" that allows them to perform certain restricted duties under supervision. Additionally, surgery residents in gap years may also be appointed as PRPs.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
~ Family Practice/VA Experience
|Contact Name:||Krysta Earhart|
Veterans Health Administration, VA Alexandria Healthcare System|
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate whole health care to Veterans?
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").
The Alexandria VA Health Care System is located in Alexandria/Pineville, Louisiana the 'Heart of Louisiana'. Alexandria is quickly emerging as one of the nation's best places to start a business, raise a family, and explore the great outdoors. It is a national leader in new and expanded business development and was recently named one of the twenty best cities in the country to find a job. National Geographic Traveler ranks Alexandria as one of America's top ten "wilderness towns" because of its incredible access to the one of the country's most beautiful and expansive national forests.