Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Shreveport, LA United States
Staff Psychiatrist |
Major Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing mental health services for any eligible veteran requesting services.
• Recording data from patient visits, including chief complaints, active problems, medications, physical findings and results of diagnostic tests.
• Formulating assessment and plan according to accepted protocols, treatment plans or attending physician's treatment protocols, treatment plans or recommendations.
• Prescribing medications according to formulary.
• Ordering labs and non-invasive diagnostic and preventative screening tests as indicated.
• Referring patients to other services of subspecialty clinics as indicated, including nutritional counseling.
• Performing and recording history and physical examinations.
• Counseling patients on smoking cessation.
• Providing patient education of medical conditions, preventive measures and prescribed treatments.
• Performing review of lab results and identifying abnormalities according to established guidelines.
• Planning and guiding educational activities for residents, trainees, and other employees.
• Participating in clinical research.
• Performing BLS and calling codes when indicated and managing CPR efforts until code team arrives,
• Other duties as assigned.
|Contact Name:||Melvin Redditt|