Field Service Engineer - Raleigh/Durham, NC|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Do you want to work in Field Technical Service? Do you enjoy being responsible for the daily service support of an existing customer base? Then read on!
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer who will be responsible for the repair, installation, and maintenance of Beckman Coulter equipment at customer sites.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Customer satisfaction - increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular preventive maintenance, regular upgrades.
- Being a clear advocate for the customer and a steward for the company.
- Driving a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a first time fix.
- Identifying, owning, and supervising any issues with an account.
- Effectively pricing and positioning service agreements on both existing and new equipment.
- Assuming accountability around daily management and monthly KPIs.
The required qualifications for the job include:
- Associates degree, technical degree, or military equivalent with 1+ years of experience.
- A valid drivers license and good driving record over the last 3 years. Associates who drive Beckman Coulter vehicles will follow the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Travel within the territory (Raleigh/Durham, NC, southern Virginia) with the potential for up to 70% overnights.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Centrifuges or HVAC.
- Computer literacy (especially Excel, Oracle, Sales Force, and/or Pro Service).
- Adaptability Must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly throughout the day/week.
At Beckman Coulter Life Sciences we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences can provide.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.