Senior Materials Buyer|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to
lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+
years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to
transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of
our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision
of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Do you want to work on a collaborative team that is looking to continuously improve? Do you enjoy communicating with others and looking for opportunities to lead? Then read on!
We are currently seeking a Senior Materials Buyer who will be responsible for Electronic commodity suppliers that make up about 17.5M in spend for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and processing requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services, and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use
- Negotiating favorable pricing, volume discounts, lead times, and order sizing with suppliers
- Drive ongoing supplier delivery, inventory to ideal sizing with suppliers, and continuous improvement
- Resolving invoicing and receiving discrepancies in a timely manner
The required qualifications for the job include:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience in a tactical or strategic procurement role, supporting manufacturing or project management, or a masters degree with 3+ years experience or Doctorate degree
- Demonstrates experience and results in negotiating with suppliers
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel, with the ability tolearn new programs that are job specific.
- Preferred - APICS CPIM, CSCP, or CPM Certification
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Both finished goods and manufacturing planning for instrument/accessory type products.
- Kanban reordering in manufacturing setting
We believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working here can provide.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.