Assistant Divisional Dean|
The Assistant Divisional Dean will provide academic leadership for TCC Connect Campus and the Academic Affairs team. S/he will assist in the ongoing development of an innovative and current curriculum that prepares eLearning and accelerated Weekend College students for transfer and career opportunities. S/he will provide leadership for creative, innovative, and successful strategies to ensure student success in all TCC Connect Campus modalities. Coordinates course/curriculum development and revision within the framework of TCC Connect Campus and the College. Provides leadership for a large number of adjunct faculty.
In addition, s/he will foster collaboration across disciplines to promote faculty partnerships and deep learning through effective online pedagogical practice, accelerated programs, competency based education and other proven pedagogical strategies.
• Assists with the development and the revision of curricula; preparation of course offerings for eLearning and accelerated Weekend College classes.
• Recommends campus course offerings and teaching assignments for each term
• Recruits, interviews, and recommends the appointment of highly qualified faculty and staff
• Provides assistance to and promotes professional development among faculty and staff in duties such as teaching classes, conducting orientation programs, and scheduling events
• Promotes effective integration and use of technology in all aspects of teaching and learning
• Assists Dean with evaluation of faculty performance
• Interfaces with Dean, Discipline Coordinators, faculty and staff to develop and execute enrollment management strategies to affect recruitment, retention and student success; provides guidance to Discipline Coordinators in matters of teaching and learning
• Represents the District and/or the campus at community or college meetings or events and participates in faculty and committee activities
• Uses analytics and assessment to ensure operational effectiveness and student success
• Participates in professional development activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Master’s degree with a major in one of the instructional areas within the academic division OR graduate coursework sufficient to teach within the divisionDesired Experience/Education:
• Three (3) years of administrative experience in an educational setting, preferably community college
• Three (3) years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level
• Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast paced environment
• Skill and experience in interpersonal and small group relationships and in conflict resolution
• Understanding of planning, program development, evaluation, and budgeting
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in comprehensive community college setting
• Knowledge of effective instructional and learning assessment methods
• Outstanding public speaking ability